M3 Smart Motorway consultation
Table of Contents
M3 junction 9 to 14 smart motorway upgrade
The M3 Smart Motorway consultation covers variable mandatory speed limits between M3 Junctions 9 and 14.
This follows the M3 Public Information Events held in September 2019.
This is your chance to give feedback on the proposals.
You can reply online or on paper.
Highways England expect that the smart motorway scheme will:
- Increase motorway capacity and reduce congestion.
- Smooth traffic flows.
- Provide more reliable journey times.
- Increase and improve the quality of information for the driver.
The use of variable mandatory speed limits is essential to achieving these objectives.
For more information
- M3 Junctions 9 to 14: Smart Motorway scheme page – details of the scheme and progress updates
- About the M3 Junction 9 to 14 Consultation – why is the consultation necessary and how to reply
- Highways England Smart motorways programme page
- Advice from gov.uk on how to drive on a smart motorway
- RAC on big changes to motorway driving as red X fines come in
- (one of many such pages) What Car’s explanation of UK speed cameras