The Church of All Saints, Compton
Table of Contents
The parish church of All Saints’, Compton, is situated in Compton Street. See map.
Details of church services are printed in the Church Diary section of the monthly Parish Magazine, and are also posted on the notice board outside the church in Compton Street. The rectory (01962-714551) is in Kiln Lane in Otterbourne.
In 1987 we became part of the combined Benefice of Compton and Otterbourne. In 2007 the benefice was expanded to become the combined benefice of Compton, Hursley and Otterbourne. William Prescott took office as our rector in September 2008.
See Church Contacts for a list of people involved in running the church.
On the benefice website at chobenefice.co.uk
The Short Guide to All Saints Church Compton on our Parish History page contains more historical information and a list of rectors since 1288.
Paul Baird was priest-in-charge of the United Benefice of Compton and Otterbourne from November 2003 to October 2006.
Paul’s predecessor, John Widdows, had resigned in late 2002 due to ill-health.
The previous rector, Rev Philip Barrett, who passed away on 22 April 1998, preached several sermons which contained much interesting local information. He kindly gave permission for their text to be displayed on this web site.
Philip Barrett was the first rector of the United Benefice of Compton & Otterbourne.