Report on Compton and Shawford Parish Council Meeting
held at 7pm on Tuesday 7th November 2023, at Shawford Parish Hall
The external auditor completed the review of the Annual Governance & Accountability Return (AGAR) for the year ended 31 March 2023, and the report and certificate were published on the Parish Council website on 28th September 2023. The Council appointed a new internal auditor for the 2023/2024 audit, as the previous auditor will be retiring.
CIL funding for the Memorial Playing Fields and grant money from South Western Railway
for the Queen Elizabeth II Playground have been received; quotes are now being sought to replace some of the old play equipment and to address some of the issues at the parks.
Draft budgets for 2024/2025 were presented. It was discussed that the Council had minimised
precept increases in previous years and that a larger increase for 2024/25 was now necessary due to this and rising costs.
Other matters discussed were;
- whether a new bus shelter on Highways Road can be erected
- the outline planning application for Bushfield Camp has been put to Winchester City Council
- The Parish Council voted to approve a local school’s CIL funding request
- the Council’s annual contribution toward the Parish magazine will increase in the next financial year
- what the Parish Council is already doing, and what can be done in the future, to preserve biodiversity in the local area
The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 2nd January 2024, 7pm at Shawford Parish Hall (note the change from the previously published date because the Hall will be in use for the panto on January 9)
By Lasiân Thomas-Scott, Clerk to the Council
PC Meeting Report November 2023 – Links
- See the Minutes page for minutes of the meeting (which should be available as a draft until formal approval by the Council at its next meeting).