Winchester Villages Trust
October 2021: New representative required for Winchester Villages Trust
Sue Down has been acting for the Trust for some years and now feels it is time for her to step down. The Trust is, therefore, looking for a replacement trustee. Any interested person would have to be DBS checked and able to do an initial assessment of the eligibility for the requested grant. Training will be provided and there are 2 trustees’ meetings per annum.
The Trust comprises a group of villages in the Winchester area which subscribed to a fund to provide assistance to those in need where help is not available from public funds. Help is available to people who live in Compton and Shawford, but, in exceptional circumstances, may also be available to those who live immediately outside the parish.
Types of help include:
- grants of money to relieve sudden distress, sickness, or infirmity;
- gifts in kind to help those in need such as furniture, bedding, clothing, food, fuel, and heating appliances;
- payment of transport costs for people entering hospital or residential homes, or for relatives visiting them;
- the provision of tools, books, fees for examination or tuition, or travelling expenses to help people to obtain employment;
- help for children and young people to take part in extra-curricular activities where parents cannot afford such costs, for example (but not exclusively) youth clubs, scouts, and guides, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme, school outings
If you are interested in getting involved, please contact Frances Strange
More about the Winchester Villages Trust
The Trust is registered with the Charity Commission as Charity number 246512, but does not have its own website.