QEII Field Play Area arson attack
On Sunday morning 29 September 2019, someone set fire to the multi-play unit at the QE II Field play area in Compton Street.
Thanks to the quick attention of a member of the parish, the fire was quickly extinguished and the damage contained. But the tunnel section of the unit has had to be boarded up, while a full repair is undertaken, which may take a few weeks.
Apparently there have been several small fires in the parish recently, including one in the hedgerow opposite the school.
The Parish Council would be very grateful if anyone seen lighting small unauthorised fires in the parish could be reported to the police on 101.
Some Other Recent Alerts
- 11/9/2019 Distraction Burglary Advice
- 12/9/2019 Appeal made following garage burglaries in Otterbourne
- 25/9/2019 Do You Know Your Serial Number? Bike Safety advice
- 26/9/2019 Purse theft in ASDA
- 30/9/2019 Theft of tools from commercial vehicles – if you have tradesmen working on your property, remind them to secure their vehicle(s).