Holiday Period Refuse Collections
Holiday Period Refuse Collection changes
All households in the parish should have received a copy of the refuse collection timetable for November 2018 – October 2019.
If you didn’t receive a card, collection details for 2019 and the holiday period are on the City Council website.
To find your calendar:
- Visit www.winchester.gov.uk/bins and enter your address details.
- You will see your normal collection day, with a link to download a printable version of the collection calendar.
- For most (maybe all) households in Compton & Shawford, Friday is the normal collection day. You should have a copy of Collection Calendar No. 15.
There was a late change to the collection timetable for the week beginning Monday 7 January.
The card with the full year’s collections could be out of date. The downloadable print version on the WCC website is correct.
You should also have received this “Revised waste and recycling timetable” card. It has the latest information about collections and some tips about managing waste over the holiday period.
For Calendar 15, normally Friday collections (that is, nearly all of us),
- Friday 21 December: last garden waste collection of the year.
- Monday 31 December: recycling
- Monday 7 January: normal refuse collection – but no garden waste
- Saturday 12 January: recycling as usual
- Friday 18 January: normal refuse collection plus garden waste, including Christmas trees
More information about waste: