Horticultural Society Summer Show 2017
Table of Contents
The Shawford & Compton Horticultural Society’s twenty-third annual Summer Flower and Vegetable Show will be held on Saturday 2 September 2017 in the Parish Hall.
Details of the competition sections are given in the Schedules which you can download at the bottom of this page.
So why not start planning your entries now?
Who can enter?
Society members can enter as many sections as they wish. (It’s not too late to join the society).
Even if you’re not a member, the Homecraft and Handicraft categories are open to all residents of Compton and Shawford and its neighbouring parishes.
Entry to the Young Persons’ section is open to all young persons normally resident in Compton and Shawford and its neighbouring parishes.
How to enter
- Your entry forms for the Horticultural Society Summer Show must be returned to the Secretary, Chairman or a Committee member by Sunday 27th August, together with an entry fee of 25p for each class entered.
- If you haven’t already got a copy of the schedule and entry forms, you can download them using the links below.
- All exhibits must be brought to the Parish Hall between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. on the day of the show.
- Judging will be between 10.30 a.m. and 12 noon.
All are welcome to come to the show
- The exhibition is open to members and the public between 2.30 p.m. and 4p.m. with prize-giving taking place at approx. 3.30 p.m. (tea and delicious cakes available)
For full details see the Horticultural Society Show letter, schedules, rules and notes for exhibitors, and entry form below.
The Young Persons Section has its own schedule and entry form.
Chairman Elaine Papé says
The Committee hopes that all members will endeavour to make this, our twenty-third show, a great success by entering as many classes as possible. Not only does every extra entry mean a better, more interesting competition and an attractive display for all to enjoy it also gains an additional point counting towards the section and overall show competitions.