HCC Supporting Ukrainian Refugees
Grant support for communities supporting Ukrainian Refugees from Hampshire County Council
From HCC: information re grant support for communities supporting Ukrainian Refugees from Hampshire County Council for charities and Parish Councils
Funding can be applied for through the Leaders Community Grants | Hampshire County Council (hants.gov.uk) which is intended to provide community benefit and help local communities thrive. Supporting refugees in the community fits well with two of the key aims of the scheme:
- People in Hampshire live safe, healthy and independent lives
- People in Hampshire enjoy being part of strong, inclusive communities
Due to the exceptional circumstances of the situation:
- Applications will be considered from Parish and Town Councils and local branches of national charities (where the support being provided is delivered specifically in Hampshire)
- Applications can be made at any time for amounts under £5,000
- Applications under £1,000 will be considered on this occasion
- Applications will be assessed to ensure that the proposals are appropriate, that necessary levels of safeguarding are in place and that the activity does not unnecessarily duplicate support which is already provided through other channels.
Felicity Roe and Emma Noyce have kindly agreed to administer the application process and as the grants will be below £5,000 these can be approved by officers and will help to speed up the process.
You are welcome to let organisations know that they can submit applications. Further details are available by following the link above or by contacting .
It is difficult at this stage to gauge the scale of what may need to be put in place to properly support the refugees and therefore we will keep the position under review.
With best wishes
Cllr Jan Warwick
Hampshire County Councillor
Winchester Downlands Division