South Winchester Coach Parking – consultation closes 4 August 2021
In order to reduce coach movements through the centre of Winchester, additional coach parking spaces are being proposed at South Winchester Park & Ride.
Links to the documents associated with this consultation can be found at the bottom of this page and you can respond to the consultation using the link below.
The Winchester City (Barfield Close and St Catherine’s View ) (off Street Parking Places) Order 2003 (Variation no.4) Order 2021
Winchester City Council with the consent of Hampshire County Council proposes making the above road traffic regulation order. The effect of the order will be to introduce additional coach parking at South Winchester Park & Ride, Otterbourne Road, Winchester.
The introduction of additional coach parking at South Winchester Park and Ride is proposed in order to reduce coach movements through the centre of Winchester. Coaches, using The Broadway as a drop off, would head to South Winchester via the motorway, rather traversing Winchester to park in the existing coach park at Worthy Lane.
Additional amendments are proposed to:
- update the interpretations as statutory provisions and specifications detailed in the principal order are no longer in force.
- include new definitions that relate to virtual tickets, electric vehicles, classes of vehicle and parking bays.
- update and amend articles that need renewing and revising and to include virtual tickets and parking facilities for electric vehicles (which are already in operation in the car parks to which the principal and previous variation orders relate to.)
- update The Schedule to include all the Park & Ride sites and update the class of vehicle and prescribed charging hours columns (the charges to reflect those which have been payable since 6th October 2020 following a Notice of Variation of Off-Street Parking Charges).
A copy of this notice, the proposed Order, affected Orders, Statement of Reasons and plans showing the location and effect of the proposed Order are available to view online at: https://winchester.citizenspace.com/
If you are unable to view these documents online they may be inspected, by appointment, at the City Offices, Colebrook Street, Winchester, SO23 9LJ. To make an appointment to attend the City Offices or alternatively to request copies of this documentation to be sent to you by post please telephone 01962 840222 or email .
Any comments supporting or objecting to the proposal, together with the grounds on which they are made, or any other comments must be received by 4th August 2021. These may be sent to the undersigned by:
- Completion of online consultation at https://winchester.citizenspace.com/
- In writing to the undersigned below
DATED : 7th July 2021
Catherine Knight, Service Lead- Legal, Winchester City Council City Offices,
Colebrook Street, Winchester, SO23 9LJ