Public Consultation on draft Central Winchester Regeneration Supplementary Planning Document
Table of Contents
Notification under the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012
Winchester City Council is consulting on a draft Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) for the Central Winchester Regeneration Area (CWR Area).
Pending approval from the Council’s Cabinet on 6 December 2017, formal consultation will commence on 11 December 2017.
The draft SPD has been prepared for Winchester City Council by JTP architects and master-planners to set out a vision and urban design framework for the future development of the CWR Area.
The document will, once adopted, provide design guidance for development in the CWR Area and will supplement the Winchester District Local Plan Part 1 (2013) and Part 2 (2017).
Where to view the Draft SPD
- At the public exhibition – Monday 11 December between 2pm and 9pm at Winchester Guildhall
- Online at the Council’s website – winchester.gov.uk/CWR
- At the follow up exhibitions between 10 and 16 January in various locations across the district including Bishops Waltham, Alresford and Winchester Train Station.
- At Winchester City Council’s City Offices, Colebrook Street, Winchester, SO23 9LJ Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
- In local libraries:
- Winchester Discovery Centre, Jewry Street, Winchester
- Stanmore Community Library, Carroll Centre, Somers Close
- Alresford Library, Broad Street, New Alresford
- Bishops Waltham Library, Free Street Bishops Waltham
- Waterlooville Library, The Precinct, Waterlooville
- Eastleigh Library, The Swan Centre, Eastleigh
- Fareham Library, Osborn Road, Fareham
- Romsey Library, Station Road, Romsey
- Chandlers Ford Library, Oakmount Road, Chandler’s Ford, Eastleigh
Opening times can be found on the Hampshire County Council Library finder web page.
Feedback should preferably be submitted using the online comment form at: winchester.gov.uk/CWRfeedback. Alternatively, you can comment using the form on the Council’s website which you can download, print and return to the Council using the freepost address on the form. Forms are available at the places where the SPD is available for inspection.
Freepost Plus RTLH-KXUA-SEEC
Central Winchester Regeneration
Winchester SO23 9ZT
All comments must arrive by 12 noon on 5 February 2018.
Please be aware that we cannot accept anonymous comments – all comments we receive will be included on our website (including your name but not your address or email details).
If you wish to be notified of the adoption of the SPD please include your contact details with your response.
Head of Programme
[Editor’s note: we have been asked to publicise this consultation about the City Council’s plans for the area across the Broadway from the Guildhall. Your best starting point is probably the Project Update Broadsheet – see link below]