M3 J11 to J9 overnight closures
Update from the Highways Agency – 16 March 2015
Table of Contents
Latest news on the M3 quiet surface project.
It’s nearly done!
- Carriageway resurfacing is about two thirds complete at present.
- The work is programmed to be completed by the end of March.
Overnight closure details (subject to change)
- The M3 will be closed between Junctions 11 and 8 for 5 nights, starting on 21 March.
- This allows multiple sections to be worked on within the same closure. It would take longer as individual schemes because extra traffic management would be needed.
- Advanced works notification signs have been put up on the network to tell motorists about the closures.
- Other publicity about the closures includes letter drops to local residents and press releases to the media.
- Residual works such as road markings, anti-skid surfacing on the approach to junctions and traffic signal/sign loop installation are planned to be completed by May.
More information about work in progress
The details above should appear on the links listed below:
- Go to http://www.highways.gov.uk/traffic-information/
then select “current and planned roadworks” and search for M3
- Or, follow the Highways Agency’s M3 newsfeed http://hatrafficinfo.dft.gov.uk/feeds/rss/AllEvents/M3.xml
- If you are viewing this in a desktop, the HA newsfeed is reproduced in a panel in the right sidebar. (Long term roadworks between Junctions 1 and 3 also feature).