New WCC Handyperson service
The Handyperson Service offers small repairs and adaptations at a subsidised rate to those who qualify in the Winchester District.
If you, or someone you know, could benefit from this service, here are some more details extracted from the WCC flyer.
Jobs we can do
- Install washing machines/ dishwashers
- Repair toilet cistern
- Put up shelves
- Unblock sinks
- Change tap washers
- Fix loose floor coverings
- Fencing repairs
- Assemble flat pack furniture
- Fit door chains and locks
- Replace light bulbs
- Fill cracks in and paint walls
- Install grab rails
- Hang blinds and curtain rails
- Minor paving repairs
- Install washing line or rotary lines
- if you are a tenant your landlord may have responsibility for some of these repairs.
- To qualify to use this service you must be either 60 years or over and/or living with a disability.
- The charges are as follows (per hour):
- £9.60 – In receipt of a means-tested benefit
- £18.00 – Not in receipt of a means-tested benefit
- Appointments will last a maximum of 2 hours per job.
- For more information: 01962 848 455
This information is also available on the WCC website under Handyperson Service.